Good Study Habits To Improve Excellent Academic Performance
Some students dislike studying because they do not know how to do it in order to comprehend. Hence, there is need to help them. One of the important task of parent and teachers to students is to help them to develop a method of studying; in doing that, a parent/teacher should be kin to knowing the students and his/her abilities to be able to guide him/her arigh.
The following can help you develope a good study habit to improve your academic performance as a student.
1. CREAT A STUDY TIME: This means you should have a specific time to read/study and be devoted about it. Tell yourself I want to read for so so hours and be committed to it.
2. STUDY ENVIRONMENT: No every place is conductive for reading/studying. In choosing a study environment, consider the following: the environment should be quite, with good chairs and tables (for a good posture, as posture affects your study time and assimilation rate),
3. CONCENTRATION: Get rid of all possible distractions, greetings from passerby, phones, exciting views, anything at all that takes your mind off what you are studing.
4. STUDY TECHNIQUES: make use of the good reading skills of skemming, scaning and indepth reading. The 8 study techniques of Preview, Questioning, Read, Recite, Write, Review, Reflect and Recall, will do a great deal in studying.
5. MEMORY IMPROVEMENT: Train your mind on perfect recallation of what you have read, in writing it down elsewhere, setting possible questions and answering them.
6. SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE: Get a group of friends and teach them. this gives you the opportunity to recite what you have learn and consequently rettain it better.