How To Improve Your Singing Voice
Do you want to sound like these celebrity vocalists. Are you preparing for a vocal competition or you just want to enjoy yourself while singing. The rules written below have been proven by thousands of vocal coaches to work for singers in any genre of music.
First of all,we all know the type of country we live in so let's not imitate the white people. We have a very different weather and climatic condition, the pollution increase is getting out of hand especially for air pollution. All these factors were put in consideration when composing this essay. OK let's go down to business.
1. Enjoy singing: you cannot improve your music if you don't enjoy what you are doing. Enjoying your music will give you the zeal to keep practicing regardless of how hard it seems to be.
2. Don't try to be perfect if you are not: This is one of the greatest problems we have with singing. We are ashamed of our voice when we think its not good enough. We are always wondering what people will think about us. I think its time to put an end to that. Do things according to your ability, give it your best but if you are not there yet. Don't fake it. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't try.
3. Drink lots of water daily: As a singer in Nigeria that wants to stand out vocally, I think the weather conditions of this nation makes it compulsory for us to obey this rule. Don't ever feel dry before you drink water. You can carry a bottle of water to work or your daily activities to keep yourself liquidated.
4 Don't be lazy, do daily vocal exercises: Consistency is the key to perfection. You cannot improve your voice without vocal exercise. The more consistent you are,the better you get. Vocal exercises will make singing easy for you even if it is hard for others and it makes growth inevitable. 10 to 15 minutes of your day is not too much to sacrifice for your goal.
5. Rehearse: Rehearsals make you a complete singer. Vocal exercises are different from rehearsals. Rehearsals involves scoring of songs or imitating people's work to perfection. Scoring songs makes you as better as the singer. It improves your skills and stretches your limits. It even improves your over all performance on stage.
6. Flow with the trend, listen to music: Listening to music helps you getter, it helps to improve your music ears and helps you flow with the latest trend. Get videos,performances,attend concerts, get musical friends, update your playlist regularly. All these will improve your general performance musically.
Finally, I believe I must have helped someone out there having difficulties with his or her music .