How Do You Prevent Yeast Infection
UTIs are beginning to eat deep into our waters as a nation, even literally. We fear to use public toilets so as not to get itchy moments later.
Besides careful use of public bathroom there are other ways to prevent this uncomfortable situation;
- Washing after with water. According to recent research it's not safe to use soap or anything with a lather substance to wash the pubic area as the [email protected]@ cleans itself and it only needs water. After peeing, wash well with water to prevent underlying germs clinging on to you.
- use wipes instead of tissue. Many people make this mistake of using tissue paper to clean even after releasing bowels. Tissue papers carry bacteria on their own especially when not properly stored or processed. Use wet wipes to clean off in the absence of water.
- use anti-fungal creams once in a while. Most people use it after they get the infection but using them at least twice in a month can serve as a preventive measure too.
- the use of coconut oil and Shea butter. This is for all the naturals in the house as some people get reactions to antifungal creams. Coconut oil with it's natural anti bacterial agents has been proved to fight off the fungus and leaving the area with that fresh coconut smell
- try to eat fibrous foods as they help in keeping your body strong against underlying bacteria.
And lastly mind what you eat!
Do you have methods that have worked for you? Share in the comment section!