Maximizing Social Media For Your Business
The fact that you are reading this means you are not a stranger to the social media. It is an open secret that the Internet with its unprecedented reach, immediacy and permanent ability to store, is the ultimate communication medium.
Social media has introduced important and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities, and individuals.
So the question isn't why should your business be on social media but why shouldn't your business be on social medium?
Benefits your business can derive from social medium
- Increased platforms: Adding social media strategies to your traditional(offline) marketing activities can open up newer lines and platform for communication with target audience.
- Easy engagement: engaging with customers and potential customers is easier which improves business and customer relationship and consequently fosters brand loyalty
- Unequal reach: with social media, you can reach customers, industry peers and leader near, far and across the globe. This helps to take your business from local to global faster than usual. This is why someone can be in Ghana and sell shoes to another person in Lagos via Instagram.
- Immediacy: The social media is fast, available and can be accessed at anytime anywhere as for as you are connected to a digital technology. This means you don't have to wait for TV or newspaper or radio channel to air your adverts, you just start talking about your product when you want
- Your customers and competitors are there: Research has it that over 70% of the world's population uses the Internet. The market is huge, there are people waiting to be engaged, go in there and get your share of proverbial cake.
- Customer inclusion: When people can feel like they are part of your business, you've got them hooked. Nothing says user inclusion like social media. They are getting users to generate their own content using the tag #bukolapoloavenue, and the winner gets some money to shop. This has not only increased the awareness for the brands involved, it will guarantee them loyalty from the participants whether they win or not.