My Ex Is Threatening To Harm Or Rape Me If I Don't Leave My Current Boyfriend

I dated this guy for about 6 months before we split because he kept demanding that from me even after I repeatedly told him no. I already told him before we began the relationship that I wasn't planning on sleeping with him and he said it was alright.

About a month after we started dating, he started trying to touch me and get me to sleep with me, telling me that it was because he love me so much. When that didn't work he tried showering me with gifts.

It got to a point where he gave me an ultimatum, it was either I slept with him or forfeit the relationship, I said okay because I didn't trust him anymore (He had nearly raped me once).

We split and I met another guy a month later. He is sweet, kind and has not once tried to pressure me into sleeping with him. My ex has shown up again threatening to harm or rape me.

What do I do? Am scared for my life o.

Comments Reply
  • The best thing to do in this situation is to report this to a higher authority, probably ur parents or his parents or the police sef. He can't force you to sleep with him, dat will mean violating your rights as a human being. 

    - Okafor Chigaemezu Ifeanyi - 2019-09-27 12:14:08 Quote

  • The threat on ones life is a serious offence according to the constitution. I advice you should report him to the authorities and have him invited over for questioning. 

    This is not something you should allow to slide, just like that its a hug offence and should be handled with all possible legality.

    - Molokwu Rolland - 2019-09-27 12:14:35 Quote

  • I guess he’s obsessed with you, tell your boyfriend about it and threaten him also that if he doesn’t stop trailing you that you’d turn your family in or even report to the police about his threats.

    - David Olatunbosun - 2019-09-27 12:16:09 Quote

  • In this kind of situation the best thing to do is to report the issue to the police because the guy can do anything to you and moreover don't walk alone if you're going out 

    - Oke Olawole Luke - 2019-09-27 12:18:17 Quote

  • What you can dok at this present situation is that you should report him to the nearby police station because they would be able to scare him and he will surely leave you alone but if you didn't he will just continue to threating you. 

    - Akinmoyede Bolanle - 2019-09-27 12:18:57 Quote

  • Most relationships are abusive... A man has no right to threaten a woman for any reason at all...

    But on the other hand, if the girl wishes to be committed to her current boyfriend, she ought to cut all ties with her past...

    - Ijomah Rocky - 2019-09-27 12:19:17 Quote

  • Most relationships are abusive... A man has no right to threaten a woman for any reason at all...

    But on the other hand, if the girl wishes to be committed to her current boyfriend, she ought to cut all ties with her past...

    - Ijomah Rocky - 2019-09-27 12:19:18 Quote

  • Letting him know his threats are having an effect on you, will make him do more. So I suggest you let your current boyfriend know about the situation and if possible let your parents know about it also. And if he tries doing anything stupid you can involve the use of legal action.

    - Onekeneke prince - 2019-09-27 12:21:25 Quote

  • What are you waiting for?

    Report to the authorities as soon as you can so that anything that happens to giu they will hold him

    A nd they can even arrest him for threatening to rape and harm you

    - Joseph Lawrence - 2019-09-27 12:21:32 Quote

  • Report him to higher authorities starting from your parents and his parents if even after warning him and he still persist on his words towards you then I dont mind you get him arested.

    - Lubem Terzungwe - 2019-09-27 12:25:22 Quote

  • Have u told ur new boyfriend about ur ex if not do so and let him know ur ex plan. I think if u can do that the two of u should be a able to come together and thinl of how u can avoid him and his plan

    - Shittu Oluwadamilare - 2019-09-27 12:26:32 Quote

  • He has no right to define your life for you ,your current boyfriend and you should team up and battle him out and if he fails to back off you can go ahead and hand him over to police as treat to your life ,such person can do and undo and should be treated with caution before he does his worse 

    - Ukora Kenechukwu - 2019-09-27 12:26:51 Quote

  • Hi babe, do not mind him. He just want to come and deceive you and go. be yourself and continue with the recent one. most men are like that. Am talking from experience so one has to be wise.

    - Ofonime Ebong - 2019-09-27 12:29:20 Quote

  • Let your current boyfriend know, and anytime he comes to you to threaten you, threaten him back by telling him that you have told all your cousins and uncle's about  this last, that  if he won't respect himself he will riot in army barracks

    - Ogbuka Ebenezer - 2019-09-27 12:29:31 Quote

  • My dear, he is only trying to scare you so you can give in to the pressure. Pls do well to report him in the nearest police station so he can write a statement that if anything happens to you he would be held responsible. I hope this helps.

    - Boladale Bada-Ogunlami - 2019-09-27 12:31:09 Quote

  • You are the cause of this if I may tell you the bitter truth since you don't want to have s8x with him you shouldn't have tell him ok , now he have spent some money for you and even bought you some gifts you should know vividly that hardly you can see man these days that will just spend on ladies without expecting anything in return, my advice for you now is go your nearest police station and lodge your report there that he is threatening to rape you.

    - Okunloye Kehinde - 2019-09-27 12:32:18 Quote

  • This is really serious. You can't just stay and hope it's an empty threat. I think you should involve a parent and report him to an authority also stay away from the guy.

    - David Olaniyi - 2019-09-27 12:32:24 Quote

  • My dear quickly report to any person you can confide in like your parents or siblings, flee from the guy, he does not love you and is a violent person. 

    - Nenye Anyigaenwe - 2019-09-27 12:33:46 Quote

  • The first step you take now is informing your current boyfriend and try has much as possible to cut all ties with your ex if he continue threatening you, then the police should be informed.

    - Sesan Akerele - 2019-09-27 12:34:30 Quote

  • That's touching but its is not the end  of life my first advice is for you to report him to the police station and you guys mutual friends for him to know that you are not idle with the situation and lastlyy i want you to pray about it very well i am sure God is in control

    - Michael Akinfolarin - 2019-09-27 12:36:10 Quote

  • Report him to his parents and if he doesn't back off report him tongue police. Get him arrested. He has successfully shown you that he doesn't live you in the first place, he only want his way in to you 

    - Ajibade Adetunji - 2019-09-27 12:41:22 Quote

  • My advice for you is inform your parent or anybody trust worthy to handle the case for you,  or better still inform the police before it get out of hand.

    And pls try to be careful around your ex,  don't pick his calls and don't pay attention to him.

    - Ndukwe Blessing - 2019-09-27 12:41:53 Quote

  • My dear you have to let your boy friend know about this because he will help you get out of it, if you leave your boyfriend and marry your ex you're not happily married so i advice you to let your boyfriend know about this he will tell you what to do, then depend on God

    - Junior Louis - 2019-09-27 12:51:11 Quote

  • Come on there are lots of security agencies out there you can report this case to and that guy will be on his heels anytime he mistakenly sets his eyes on you. There's no need to be scared. If he discovers your are, he'll exploit your fears and fragility. 

    - Ogomezie Emmanuel - 2019-09-27 12:54:02 Quote

  • The thing is that your boyfriend should talk to his mother about calling you abusive names. In very relationship, there has to be one challenge or the other, the question here is that what is your partner doing to resolve it.

    - Ime Henry - 2019-09-27 12:55:06 Quote

  • The communication between you and your ex is still there that's why he has the right to do such so cut all means of communication after all where will he see you to rape or kill , and you should tell your current boyfriend about it.If the matter gets worse report to the police 

    - Inem David - 2019-09-27 13:01:35 Quote

  • See let me tell you, you have to let your boy friend know about it so that you would be supported at all cost by him to defend you against your ex, and if he continues threatening you of rape report to the police cause is a very offensive and unjustifyable crime, which is against the law

    - Edward Chinecherem - 2019-09-27 13:20:40 Quote

  • Report the matter to your parents of guidian. They will take the matter up to his own parents. He will be cautioned that if anything happens to you, he will go in for it. With this your case is settled as he will not disturb you again.

    - Paul Nwaso - 2019-09-27 13:21:23 Quote

  • Make I no lie you, konji done catch my guy na why and e be like say you go get big ass and succulent boobs na why the guy want you back anyway no gree for am oo

    - Okafor Clement - 2019-09-27 13:21:46 Quote

  • Just an advice, try reporting him to his parents first if you know them, if there is still no changes I suggest you stay away from him or even report him to the police..

    - John Adeyemi - 2019-09-27 13:22:26 Quote

  • Make I no lie you, konji done catch my guy na why and e be like say you go get big ass and succulent boobs na why the guy want you back anyway no gree for am oo

    - Okafor Clement - 2019-09-27 13:22:54 Quote

  • Report this matter to your current boyfriend first and to anyone that knows your old boyfriend intimately like a family member and also you try to avoid him anyway you can, because seeing him the more increases the pressure. 

    - Nzomiwu Achiever - 2019-09-27 13:23:12 Quote

  • Have you told your new boyfriend, if not well I think you should he will know what to do as the man

    But if there is no changes inform the authorities

    - Ukachukwu Jonah - 2019-09-27 13:24:52 Quote

  • This matter needs careful handling. The solution i can suggest is that you tell your current boyfriend about I. Tell him everything that transpired between you and your ex. Then tell your parents about it. So that they can enlighten you wisely. The matter is a delicate one. One has to be careful with that kind of being. Your ex can do and undo. Just be careful

    - Owolabi kikelomo - 2019-09-27 13:29:02 Quote

  • I think you should tell the guy you're dating now what's going on....if you can report to the police so they can give him a restraining order

    - Jennifer Ogbonna - 2019-09-27 13:42:22 Quote

  • I was faced with this kind of issue sometime last year.. I will advice you to let your current boyfriend know what's going on and if possible report him to higher authorities.

    - Lawrenta Ekhator - 2019-09-27 13:45:38 Quote

  • I love de word u use  by saying.. (my ex) if truly u are no longer wit him den der is nothing he can do to u.. Just report de matter to de police. Or any army man around you 

    - Benjamin Akpabio - 2019-09-27 13:46:23 Quote

  • I suggest this type of incidence should be reported to the police authority because this type of warning can easily lead to the termination of either the girl or the boy friend life,for safety inform the security authority or his parent .

    - Ayuba Samson - 2019-09-27 13:48:29 Quote

  • Tell your parents and also your current boyfriend or better still report him to the authority and if their is any evidence again to prove the threats to them show them too so he can be arrested and caution.

    - Adegbemileke Alex - 2019-09-27 13:49:49 Quote

  • He is mad ,why will he say he will rape you meaning is a very bad guy and not to be trusted. Go and report him to the new guy you are dating now

    - Erhieta Anthonia - 2019-09-27 13:50:22 Quote

  • Do not be naive and feel too shy to tell your parents and your current boyfriend and when next he visits I want you to make him understand that many people are away of the threat you received from him and that if anything should happen to you that they will hold him responsible. 

    I believe that will make him leave you for good. 

    - TOCHUKWU KINGSLEY OKOYE - 2019-09-27 14:20:01 Quote

  • No one can force you to act against your own decisions. It clearly shows your old boyfriend is nefarious and self-centered. That is what I describe as immaturity. You must let your new boyfriend know about it and also inform your parents too. Moreover, you should report cases of threat to the nearest police station i n order to get him arrested and face prosecution.

    - Olawale Odewole - 2019-09-27 14:22:50 Quote

  • The first thing to do is inform your parents about the current situation, the police most be reported because it a threat issues which involves rape and death, so that your ex boyfriend will write undertaking for you in case anything happens to you he will be responsible for it.

    - Austin Chinedu - 2019-09-27 14:57:07 Quote

  • If you are a minor,Report to your parents first,who ever is threatening to rape is a criminal,i believe your parents will know the next place to go to which is the police station to make a report on the issue.

    If you are not a minor go straight to the police station and make your report by yourself,dont be shy about it at all

    - Osiname Abimbola - 2019-09-27 15:26:59 Quote

  • I would advice you to get a clear (voice) record of him threatening you and report especially to a reliable police station or any other security agency. You really need to act fast before anything unexpected happens. 

    - ADEGBOYEGA ADURAGBEMI SAMSON - 2019-09-27 15:43:56 Quote

  • I think you should report him to the police. You should also cut contact with him. Since you guys have broken up you should have cut him off. Anytime he threatens you,just report him to the police before he carries out his threat

    - Lawal Kehinde - 2019-09-27 15:49:01 Quote

  • Sister there are many like him out there. Don't just sit back and pretend about it. Talk to your parent and take the matter to the police and let him sign that if any harm happens to you he is to be held responsible, whether from him or anyone else because he can said someone to do it. I mean any harm and not just rape. Also avoid late night and choose path he may likely not cross.

    - Oletu Cornelius - 2019-09-27 15:52:12 Quote

  • What nonsense, report him to the appropriate authorities and have him sign undertaken over your security. If it's possible avoid such violent man by all means and becarefull next time on the kind of persons you go into relationship with. Goodluck

    - Stella Maurison - 2019-09-27 16:05:17 Quote

  • First you have to tell the guy that you don't want him any longer that you have someone already, then if the guy treating to rape you repute him to higher authority immediately..

    - Malek Kelvin - 2019-09-27 16:05:36 Quote

  • Your life is currently in danger.Please I suggest you should try to report him to at least  two different police station and write a statement.  Probably a police station around your area and the one not quite far from his own area also. 

    - Saliu Motunrayo - 2019-09-27 16:26:26 Quote

Others are reading